Time, Talent & Treasure lead to Rewards & Achievement
Valley Christian Academy relies on your help to provide our children with the best education possible. Research shows that children whose parents are involved in their school do better academically. Fund raising projects provide us an opportunity for teamwork in helping the school reach our goals and objectives as well as an atmosphere for the development of family bonding and camaraderie.
In order to achieve the above purposes and in an effort to keep tuition as low as possible, VCA is announcing a new “Family Service Plan” wherein every family must assume the responsibility of contributing to Valley Christian Academy Family Service Plan according to both the Financial and Service Hour Commitments.
1. Financial Commitment
Agreement to contribute a minimum of $120 through selling Candy Bars which is our only mandatory fund raiser. ($60 buy-out alternative option.)
2. Service Hour Commitment
Annual agreement to volunteer a minimum of 30 hours (20 hours for single parents) . Each family should account for all service hours performed and submit the total number of hours served to the school office in order to be credited to the family service plan. Service hours may be recorded on the form provided. The final date to submit service hours for the current school year will be April 30.
- The accumulation of service hours will be on a school year basis, from September of the current school year through April of the following school year. Any hours accumulated after April 30 will be applied to the service contract for the following year. Any hours earned after April 30, but before the close of school may be submitted prior to school closing in June.
- If a family does not meet the minimum fundraising requirement ($120), the difference will be added to the May tuition bill.
- If a family does not meet the minimum service hour requirements (30 hours / 20 for single parents), the difference will be added to the May tuition bill at a rate of $10.00 per hour.
- Additional hours does not equate to a reduction in tuition.
What Counts As Service Hours
All labor volunteered will be credited hour for hour unless indicated. Donated goods/materials will be credited as noted below.
Labor (hour for hour)
- Attend Back to School Night
- Field trip chaperone/driver
- Athletic event assistance/driver
- Athletic coaching
- Facility Maintenance
- Lion Pride Booster Club Activities
- Annual Golf Tournament Event
- Classroom sponsor / volunteer
- Booster committee chair
- Working concession stand for athletic program
- Helping with school events
Donated Goods/Materials – all one hour credit unless noted
- Baked goods/food for various activities
- Donations for the Fiesta de Tacos Dinner/Auction
- Silent/Live auction and Raffle item donations
- Providing items for classroom support
- Providing items for concession stand for athletic events
Please contact school office to receive credit if you have contributed in a way that is not listed above.
Recording Service Hours and Fundraising Dollars